Thank you for being part of the Daily Reflection Podcast
We’re excited for you to share your experience, strength and hope as well as your perspective as a member of the recovery community. Here’s what you can expect from the process, as well as answers to questions you may be wondering about.
Overview of the Podcast Guest Experience
- Once reviewed, you’ll receive an email with the daily reflection month and day reading assignment and a link to schedule the recording of your episode.
- Once you’ve selected, and confirmed a date/time, you’ll receive a calendar invitation with links to a Zoom meeting where we’ll meet to coordinate the recording.
- On the date/time of the recording, you’ll connect via Zoom and Mike and Lee will provide you with details about how the recording will proceed. Estimated time for this meeting is approximately 45 minutes. Episodes typically run between 25 and 30 minutes in length.
- After the recording is complete, our team will start editing and polishing up the recording. The night before your episode airs, you will receive an email with a link to the recording. Please share the link with your friends.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Rate us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Getting Ready for the Recording
We use either Zoom or Zencastr.com, an online recording service.
- Show up on the Zoom link and we’ll provide more direction from there
- Be ready with your headset, laptop or computer and have the chrome browser installed
- Be in a quiet place with little distractions or background noise.
- Please be on a laptop or desktop computer if at all possible.
- Read the daily reflection you’ve chosen and meditate on how this particular reflection resonates with you, with sobriety and simply be prepared to discuss this. Don’t overthink it. You were approached because we greatly value your program and things you’ve shared in meetings.
- It may help to listen to previous podcast episodes, you can hear them here on Apple, and here on Spotify, and here on Google Podcasts.
- See FAQs at the end of this email for answers to common questions.
- Most importantly, relax and have fun!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Do I need to rehearse or prepare a script?
No. Please don’t. Again - you were asked to participate because you’ve already got everything you need to share your amazing experience, strength and hope with the world.
Will I need special equipment?
We find that the best audio experience happens when a guest has headphones and a laptop or desktop computer. Please let us know if you have concerns.
Who will hear this? Is it anonymous?
The world. The recording will be published on Apple, Spotify, Google, and many other podcast publishing platforms. It will essentially be available for anyone with a podcast client (like apple podcast, or spotify).
Yes it is anonymous. We will not mention your full name but we will share your first name and last initial. You may remain completely anonymous if you wish.
Is this in violation of any AA traditions?
After much discussion and consultation with our sponsors and others in our network, we have come to the conclusion that we are not violating any AA traditions. If you feel concerned, we encourage you to check with your higher power and your sponsor.